Mr. Goldberg has specialized in criminal law for more than 30 years. His practice emphasizes criminal defense, complex civil defense litigation and white collar criminal defense. A large percentage of his current practice is representing individuals and corporate entities that are subject to or under investigation by various state, federal or administrative agencies. He has represented clients in more than 13 different states, seven different federal districts, three federal circuits, and before the U.S. Supreme Court.
- San Diego’s best criminal defense attorneys in San Diego Super Lawyers magazine (2007-through current editions)
- San Diego’s best criminal defense attorneys in San Diego Magazine (September 2001 through current editions)
- Southern California’s Super Lawyers in the areas of white collar and non-white collar criminal defense in Los Angeles Times West Magazine, Southern California Super Lawyers (in each edition)
- The best criminal defense attorneys in the country in the publication, The Best Lawyers in America (1983 - present)
- Outstanding Advocacy Award, Consumer Attorneys Association of San Diego (1996)
- Outstanding Trial Lawyer Award, San Diego Trial Lawyers Association (1993)
- Trial Attorney of the Year, San Diego Criminal Defense Bar Association (1992)
- Elected as a Fellow, American Board of Criminal Lawyers (1983)
Mr. Goldberg attended San Diego State University and the University of California, Los Angeles receiving his B.A. in 1964, and his law degree from the University of California School of Law in Los Angeles in 1967.